Podcast S6E144: Rosemary Rein – Innovation Secrets from Silicon Valley
In this episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with Dr Rosemary Rein, current SVP of Innovation Minds and former Head of Learning at Wikipedia and the United Way. She is also the author of “Go Wild! Survival Skills for Business & Life” and has lived through volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and landslides.
We learn about some of the primary learnings which corporations can take from innovation at startups, and getting the most out of hybrid work.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:30 – The challenges of promoting learning at large non-profits and corporations
- 00:06:30 – Blockers to innovation in large corporations
- 00:08:00 – Trends in retail for 2021 and 2022
- 00:11:00 – The trends in hybrid work and how to improve teams’ ability to work across borders
- 00:13:00 – The requirement for strong leadership and noticing progress
- 00:16:00 – Taking the risk out of risk-taking: The Fail Fest
- 00:20:00 – Speeding up innovation progress using secrets from Silicon Valley
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Innovation Minds: https://innovationminds.com/
- Dr Rein’s website: https://www.rosemaryrein.com/
- Trendhunter report 2022: https://www.trendhunter.com/trends/2022-trend-report-research