In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with bestselling author, serial entrepreneur and innovation keynote speaker Diana Kander.
We discuss what keeps companies and leaders from reaching their full potential around delivering innovation, and the importance of curiosity to find the truth.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:00 – Diana’s diverse background starting successful (and failed) companies, and how this was distilled into her bestselling book “All In Startup“
- 00:04:15 – The danger of going “All in” on an idea you’ve fallen in love with, before you know your problem is a “migraine level” problem
- 00:08:30 – The importance of Curiosity and how this was distilled in her latest book “The Curiosity Muscle“
- 00:11:15 – When was the last time you were surprised by customer or employee feedback
- 00:14:15 – The importance of honest, true feedback by becoming curious
- 00:19:30 – Don’t ask your customer what they want. Ask them what they aren’t getting from you, but getting from other service providers, or even aren’t using any provider
- 00:22:00 – The importance of establishing Psychological Safety to overcome fear