In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak once again with Simon Hill.
The last time we spoke with Simon, he was the CEO of Wazoku. Since then, he has also taken over the Open Innovation platform Innocentive. We speak about synergies in the Open Innovation world, and what is coming in the future.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:03:00 – Why Wazoku acquired Innocentive, and the two-sided Marketplace they helped launch
- 00:06:15 – How Innocentive used outsider insights to solve the challenge of removing oil spills from freezing water
- 00:09:30 – The future of Open Innovation
- 00:14:00 – The convergence of purpose and profit
- 00:15:45 – Consulting and SaaS do not mix, but some services may be valuable
- 00:19:00 – The backlash against innovation theatre
- 00:23:00 – How best to incentivise innovation for teams