In today’s episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with Prof Uli Weinberg, Director der HPI School of Design Thinking and President of the Global Design Thinking Alliance.
We speak about how Design Thinking has changed over time, where it is going and how it needs to be taught in a different way to stay relevant.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 – His history in computer animation and video game development
- 00:04:00 – How Design Thinking began at the HPI more than 15 years ago
- 00:06:30 – Design Thinking for him used to be the way of solving problems coming out of the fields of Design
- 00:11:00 – How all parts of a corporation can benefit from Design Thinking, not just Design activities
- 00:13:00 – How teams will work and collaborate to produce their best work
- 00:16:00 – The 3P Triangle of Design Thinking: Place, People, Process, and how important the cultural and organisational aspects are
- 00:18:00 – How Design Thinking has changed over the past decades and where it is going
- 00:23:00 – His new book “Network Thinking” to bring people into the new patterns
Links mentioned in this episode
- HPI School of Design Thinking: https://hpi.de/school-of-design-thinking/hpi-d-school.html
- Global Design Thinking Alliance: https://gdta.org/