In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Scott Anthony, Senior Partner of Innosight.
We speak about some of the insights from his upcoming book Eat, Sleep, Innovate, and how the current pandemic is going to change many industries in the near future.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:02:00 – Scott remembers Professor Clayton Christensen, and his ability to tell stories to explain innovation
- 00:05:30 – What does it really take to innovate? And why are these innate behaviours not happening in companies?
- 00:08:00 – How leaders delude themselves about disruption, you need to be able to flip between thinking about the current business, and thinking about the future
- 00:09:30 – The limits to the concept of ambidextrous organisations, you need dual transformation
- 00:14:00 – How can you develop a culture which allows intelligent failure
- 00:15:30 – Asking the jobs to be done that are being affected by the global coronavirus pandemic
- 00:19:00 – The biggest lie that companies are telling themselves: This is not the time to innovate