In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Jonathan Courtney, CEO of AJ&Smart.
We speak about what it takes to run successful workshops, his experiences with companies who are failing at innovation, and how to successfully develop digital products.
Topics covered in today’s episode
- 00:01:30 – How User Experience (UX) led Jonathan on his journey to starting his company
- 00:03:30 – The tension behind building products for months and misalignment causing them to go nowhere
- 00:05:30 – The power of Design Sprints to speed up project starts. Design sprints are a step by step system for bringing a group of people together to solve big problems
- 00:09:00 – Why they moved from long term client engagements, and are now focusing down on shorter workshops
- 00:12:00 – How digital product innovation has changed over the past 10 years
- 00:16:30 – Innovation labs were a place where nothing got done
- 00:19:00 – Apple and Google led people astray, by focusing on the wrong things
- 00:20:45 – What it takes for a digital product to succeed
Links mentioned in today’s episode
- AJ&Smart website: https://ajsmart.com/
- Jonathan new Book: The Workshopper Playbook – get it now for FREE: https://www.wsplaybook.com/free-workshopper-playbook
- Jonathan on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-courtney-4510644b
- Jonathan on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jicecream/