when there is a correct answer Exercise in creative thinking

when there is a correct answer  Exercise in creative thinking

A kills the . See what happens when third grade students think is a correct answer. details in the ebook http://www.ourboox.com/books/when-there-is-no-correct-answer-a-lesson-in-creativity/

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments

Saray Rodriguez Garcia says:

The mind has no limits. There is no correct answer in a creative learning process.

Sharouq Al Jaradi says:

what can I benefit from this video?

thanks in advance 🙂

Susan Jones says:

Question:   Did you perhaps do a control study and ask another group of questions to "complete the painting" (w/ no 'correct answer') two separate times to see whether the repeat of the question inspired creativity?   I doubt it did — even I would tend to ask "right?  Wonder what they're likely to want…"  and would have striven for a traditional "point bearing" drawing.

Dan Rothstein says:

This is fantastic. A great example of how a simple, but significant shift in practice – the way instructions are given – creates space for divergent thinking. See the work of The Right Question Institute, http://www.rightquestion.org for how to teach students to ask their OWN questions.

Marla Flynn says:

Roger~
    Did you try this with your students?  If not I would love to do this assignment with them!
    Thanks,
    Marla

Chrissie Raffensperger says:

Really calling a 3rd grader that? You should be ashamed of yourself. I worked with 3rd graders last year and not even the worst of them deserved that insult.

167austin says:

It's the 'question' that is critical. The questioner controls the stimulus here. You get what you ask for. In our society we tend to spend too much time on finding answers, solving problems and too little time in asking the right question.

Mrinal Krant says:

I will certainly try this in my training sessions. Very creative thinking! Thank you for positing this video.

Natural English says:

Very interesting. Thank you.

Matthew Sloan says:

you have don't have to do some "experiment"; just sit down with a younger family member and start drawing something with him/her, taking turns drawing the same picture-just don't take it too seriously.

Matthew Sloan says:

rofl, one of the answers on the left was actually pretty creative; great video. I tried something like this with my little brother where we took turns drawing a picture til we decided to stop and we thought of some crazzzy stuff.

Hannah Guidry says:

Just finished this exercise with my twin 5 year olds, very cool to see their response to the task.

September Patterson says:

To Smoseley: Evidently you don't understand basic scientific investigation. There can only be 1 variable.

dhx84 says:

Man one of the kids *still* drew a house even after the second question.
    Take that kid out behind the shed and put him down.
    What a boring asshole.

Comments are disabled for this post.