How to build your creative confidence | David Kelley

How to build your creative confidence | David Kelley

http://www.ted.com Is your school or workplace divided into “creatives” versus practical people? Yet surely, suggests, creativity is not the domain of only a chosen few. Telling stories from his legendary design career and his own life, he offers ways to the to create… (From The Design Studio session at TED2012, guest-curated by Chee Pearlman and David Rockwell.)

TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world’s leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Featured speakers have included Al Gore on climate change, Philippe Starck on design, Jill Bolte Taylor on observing her own stroke, Nicholas Negroponte on One Laptop per Child, Jane Goodall on chimpanzees, Bill Gates on malaria and mosquitoes, Pattie Maes on the “Sixth Sense” wearable tech, and “Lost” producer JJ Abrams on the allure of mystery. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, development and the arts. Closed captions and translated subtitles in a variety of languages are now available on TED.com, at http://www.ted.com/translate

If you have questions or comments about this or other TED videos, please go to http://support.ted.com

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments

Dhaval Shukla says:

To all those who don't know him, he's founder of IDEO and he constructed that fanous silver award winner "shopping cart" that engineers are assigned homework to do.

Imtiyaz Khan says:

Every person is naturally creative. They have to find out about their creativity it can be anything. Many people fails to be creative because they are afraid of result and people around them. They used to discourage others. For this we have to stay away from these people and focus on our dream and follow what we want to be.

Liquor 'n Soda says:

he resembles the teacher from the incredibles

Alexandra Blake says:

This is my favorite TED talk I've ever seen.

Caspar says:

"Fear of judgement" and "self-efficacy" are good, but I don't see how the story of the decoration of the MRI scanner really fits in.

Randuski says:

"…what my daughters life would be like without me" I'm not really a sensitive guy, but that got me

semih oguzcan says:

Please learn about Resource Based Economy 🙂

Septimus says:

''Right?''

Kenzie Kaseman says:

awesome talk

MsDreamzuk says:

great for getting creative confidence back

CCalquemist says:

So can I be both analitical and creative?

DreamWeaver says:

The point that gripped me the most, was the realisation that the creative type he was talking about, tend to be the types of people that walk away from things in a heartbeat

PadmaBCN says:

So inspiring! Thank you!!!

Dane Saunders says:

You have a noble plight David..thank you for 'surviving', and choosing this path…it's paramount! 🙂

Get out of my head says:

I forgot blackberries existed

Nada Abu shamia says:

loved that part " ?when he said" what is my true calling

Tatiana Ambrose says:

I think I have agreed with EVERY creative TED talk that I have watched❣ Great insight for all creatives❣

Daniel Melliger says:

I believe we are all creative in some way, doesn't have to be just art (painting), music, or dance, etc etc, because we are made by a creative God who thought about us millions of years before we popped out the birth canal of our mothers, having knit us together and designed us fearfully and wonderfully:)
    I was driven by fear all my life until Jesus touched my heart and redeemed me to the purpose He had for me from the very beginning. Where I never talked to a stranger before and only met at most one new person a year (after being approached by them lol), i began approaching people all over the place, within 3 weeks at uni i had about 20 acquaintances. Where before i would be crushed by the anticipation and the feedback from presentations at school, i suddenly began to tell others about Jesus everywhere I went, to friends, family and strangers, no matter what the feedback was; fear was crushed by the love of God! Suddenly i began to feel like i didnt have to try to appeal to all people but I lived for God and learned his will for my life and became intuitive and initiative for the first time, with a clean conscience and strength to overcome any obstale. C'mon, Jesus!

Gabriel Ceasar says:

He looks like a Bald version of Einstein. i love him

송나영 says:

My problem is always confidence. In minor everything, although I prepare detailed part and practice carefully, whenever I stand before the audience the tension and fear ruined me. But, after watching this video, I realize the reason why I have lost my nerve. And I feel that I can get creative confidence, bury myself in important things and come up with interesting idea. thank you so much!

Comments are disabled for this post.